Title: Lawyer-Legal Authenticator.
Term: Full time or part time.
Duration: Long-term, with 3 months probation period.
Job description: Lawyer-Legal Authenticator will be responsible for legal revision of translated Armenian, EU, EAEU and other national/international legal acts, international agreements, ECHR judgments, judicial acts, court cases and other documents with legal content relating to Armenia’s international commitments (ОSCE, OECD, UN, CoE, etc.).
- Legal revision of translated legal documents;
- Linguistic assessment of translated legal acts as to their compliance with rules of legislative technique;
- Assistance to translators and terminologists in localisation of international and EU/EAEU supranational legal concepts subject to approximation;
- Participation in the development of terminological glossaries, databases, and manuals.
- Higher education in law (last year students of law faculties are welcome to apply);
- Solid knowledge of the Armenian legal system and all main branches of both public and private law; particular emphasis on public international law and international legal instruments constituting part of the Armenian legislation (UN, EU, EAEU legislative framework) will be regarded as an asset;
- Very strong legal research skills; must be excellent at comparative legal analysis; demonstrated competence in legal-linguistic analysis will be a very strong asset;
- Familiarity and/or experience with other legal systems in their native environment will be a very strong asset;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is a must;
- Proficiency in Russian and/or French will be an asset;
- Qualification or specialisation received in foreign higher education institutions will be an asset;
- Professional experience in legal authentication and revision will be an asset;
- Experience in translation will be an asset;
- Advanced skills using MS Office.
Remuneration/ Salary: Competitive and experience-based salary with state-funded social benefits package.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae in Armenian or English;
- Copy of higher education diploma; last year students are required to submit a statement of information from the higher education institution;
- Copy of identification card or copies of passport and social card (if absent, copy of statement of information).
Interested applicants are welcome to submit their documents by e-mail to email@example.com or deliver to the following address: 41/a Halabyan street, Yerevan 0078, “Translation Centre of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia” SNCO, from 10:00 to 18:00, except Saturdays and Sundays.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test (knowledge of English, legal concepts, legal revision skills), and the candidates with the highest scores will be further invited for an interview.
Application deadline: 28 December 2018.